Download the Online Journalism 2 syllabus (pdf) if you want a hard copy.
Each student will to a series of short in-class assignments or quizzes (Worth 10 points)
- In-Class 1: Storify (2 points)
- In-Class 2: Verification (1 point)
- In-Class 3 and 4: Video Shooting and Editing (5 points)
- End-of-semester quiz (2 points)
Each student will produce four major multimedia reporting assignments. Specific instructions and guidelines will be provided prior to each assignment.
Digital Reporting Assignments (Total 75 points)
- Assignment 1: Event (solo) 15 points
- Assignment 2: On the Street (assigned pairs) 20 points
- Assignment 3: Explanatory Feature (solo) 15 points
- Assignment 4: Issue story (assigned team) 25 points