–How to make your own immersive multimedia with Story Spheres
-Assignment 4: Profile pitch due
-Open Internet Quiz (worth 25 points) will cover:
- Elements of a great profile
- NYTimes VR stories (the one or more you chose to watch)
- Tips for making storytelling portraits (NPR)
- A handy guide to making awesome photos (NPR)
- How to find great pictures for your stories (NPR)
- News outlets left and right (and up, down, and center) are embracing virtual reality technology (NiemanLab)
- Virtual Reality: A New Way to Tell Stories (NYTimes)
- From Mike Oreskes: What We Talk About When We Talk About Virtual Reality (NPR)
NEW: You need to read (or at least do a really good skim) of Anything Pink Rocks, a New Yorker Magazine profile of Jimmy Webb in preparation for the quiz.
-Sign up for individual Assignment 4 meeting the following week
-No regular class next week. Instead, I will meet individually with each of you in my office at 6 High Street to discuss your Assignment 4 Profile. Individual meetings will be held on April 27, 28, 29 and May 2.