-We will start shooting video in class next week. Bring your equipment (headphones, memory card, flashdrive) to class on Monday and for the next three weeks.
–ProfHacks 2016 event – March 12&13
-Your Assignment 1 workflow should be posted by now. Questions?
-Reading review. “What is your takeaway?” from the following:
- AJ+ reported from Baltimore using only mobile phones (Poynter)
- How to grow a social media community from scratch (NPR)
- Get a Twitter habit: 5 things to do every day until it sticks (NPR)
- How to tell powerful narratives on Instagram (Nieman Storyboard)
- Here’s how 6 news orgs are thinking about the chat app (Nieman Lab)
-Watch Being 12: Intro
-Watch Being 12: If you give a 12-year-old a phone
-Watch Being 12: What romance is like in middle school
-Watch Being 12: On race
-Read The web video problem by Adam Westbrook
-Read How to make boring things interesting in video by Adam Westbrook