Final Multimedia Project Goal:
To present a compelling, professional level multimedia feature (audio, photo essay, audio slide show or video, etc) on the southern end of the New Jersey turnpike. Any subjects that are college students or Rowan affiliated must be approved ahead of time.
Worth 25 points – Five points (25 percent) off for late work.
Specific Grading Criteria:
• No longer than 2:30 in length
• Quality of reporting (did you go somewhere, meet people, find a story?)
• Quality of media (camera work, audio, variety of shots)
• Quality of editing (smooth and clear transitions)
• Appropriate IDs of people: NAME, AGE, LOCATION (use lower-thirds for video)
• Strong beginning.
• Strong ending.
• Strength of profile or story. Is there an anecdote? Is there is a moment of reflection?
• Files submitted in proper format
- audio (.mp3, “good quality”)
- photos or photo essays (max width 950, high quality, .jpg)
- audio slide shows (publish_to_web folder with proper settings)
- video (.m4v “Large 960 X 540” format)
• All final projects must include a still image (for thumbnail) and headline, teaser, and credits (in word doc).
Tues, Nov 16 – Bring preliminary research, contacts, story idea and strategy for how you are going to approach it.
Tues, Nov 23 – Submit raw multimedia files (audio, photo, video) and a coherent story focus.
Thurs, Dec 9 – Final project due
Thurs, Dec 16 – Finals period – 2:45 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. Last minute web site production and launch.