Due: Tuesday, Oct 18 at the end of class
Worth 15 points (Late = deduction of 3 points)
Objective: To create an audio slide show that profiles a New Jersey resident with a strong connection to the theme “Roads and Rails.”
Possible Subjects: People who attend car events, member of a motor cycle or car club, carnies, roadside farm stand, transit worker, state patrol, advocate for alternative transportation, car dealer, train conductor, trucker, owner of a drive in movie theater, etc.
• An audio slide show profile of one person
• Fits theme of New Jersey “Roads and Rails”
• 2 min or less
• “In her own words” – No narration or sound of interviewer’s voice
• Appropriate IDs of people: Name, age, location, occupation
• No Rowan related subjects (students, employees, professors)
• Quality of reporting (Did you go somewhere, meet someone, and put in effort to find a good story?)
• Quality of audio (Good sound quality/smooth editing)
• Quality of photos (Focus, framing, variety of shots)
• Quality of editing (Pacing and synching of audio and photos)
• Strong beginning: visual and audio
• Strong ending: visual and audio
• Is there an anecdote?
• Is there is a moment of reflection?
• Is there a story?
• Word document with headline, teaser and proper credits
• Files submitted in proper formats